Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What's a good bleach for dyed black hair?

I know that there's no "good bleach" since they all will cause damage. I'm a college student, so no money for professionals to correct my color. I also don't care if it turns my hair orange since I'll be dying over with a dark brown and I don't care if my hair is orange for a couple weeks in the mean time. Yes, I know people get a lot of breakage, but I'd rather have some breakage than tie-died hair while waiting for the color to grow out.



Anyways, my hair has been dyed black (blue based) for 6 months and I've dyed it about 4 times. It doesn't have to get that light since I'm going to be dying over it again anyways. My hair is naturally a light brown/dark blonde.



Any suggestions?



What's a good bleach for dyed black hair?

Bleach is not the answer my friend, its better to have black hair then NO hair. haha.



No, but there actually is a way you can get the black dye out.



Try using color oops extra strength.



What's a good bleach for dyed black hair?

go to a beauty supply store and buy color remover



What's a good bleach for dyed black hair?

just wait because your hair is going to be ******* up and even more tie dyed lookin and youre going to be screwed especially if you do it yourself., trust me, bleach only takes well on your natural hair so basically your going to have yellowish roots and stupid looking everything else. it is the worst idea in to bleach hair that has been dyed black because you will be disapointed.



What's a good bleach for dyed black hair?

there is no "good bleach" specifically designed for removing black. depending on your state, you may be able to get a color remover from sally beauty supply, which would be a better bet for you. i did bleach the black out of my hair, but i was going platinum, and it sounds like you only want to go up 2 or 3 levels. using bleach is a waste of damage. color removers are generally less damaging and will usually work better, depending on what brand of color, whether it was semi, demi, or permanent, and whether you pulled it all the way through to the ends every time or not. this is an awesome color remover with no ammonia or peroxide (it just stinks to high heaven) http://www.sallybeauty.com/Colorfix/SBS-...



i have never used this one, but it is much cheaper. be sure to read the label to see if you need a developer with it. http://www.sallybeauty.com/Effasol+Color... then go ahead and get your color while you are at sallys. they are not sold in boxes, so you have to buy the color and developer separately, but they are the closest you can get to professional, and you would get better quality so your hair would be in better condition. and a protein conditioner pack wouldn't hurt for after color ;) they run 99 cents usually ;)



good luck!



What's a good bleach for dyed black hair?

have you gone to a store like Sally's Hair Supply and asked them? A 40 Volume Developer with a Color Lifter such as Clairol Kaleidocolor will work. Special Effects makes a 40 Volume Kit that has everything you need. The higher the developer the more the lift. Good Luck! Oh by the way MAKE SURE YOU PUT A DEEP CONDITIONER ON YOUR HAIR WHEN YOU ARE DONE i.e. a Cholesterol masque (yes it is exactly what it sounds like :) )



What's a good bleach for dyed black hair?

Call a salon and tell them your situation, i think they can strip the color out, but than again it is black...so i dunno...you will have 2 ask them...but yeah im pretty sure u cant bleach over it....good luck....



What's a good bleach for dyed black hair?

After about the third time I dyed my hair black, I decided I was sick of it. Unfortunately, that many layers of black is pretty much impossible to get out. You can try ColorZap (they have it at Sally's), but it didn't work for me. You may be stuck growing it out like me . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
auto protect