Friday, June 18, 2010

Can a hormone deficiency cause frizzy hair???

I have always had straight beautiful thick hair. Over the last year out of the blue little short frizzy-like hairs started growing all over my head. It literally looks like I got shocked. These short hairs are IMPOSSIBLE to handle and I really don't want to cut off my hair. I have not changed my diet, have tried every brand of shampoo on the market and still don't know what is causing this. Can anyone tell me if this could be a hormone problem?



Can a hormone deficiency cause frizzy hair???

I completely agree with Dawn R (see above). It does not sound like a hormone deficiency for the same reasons she mentioned (hair would fall out, thin or grow). I think her suggestion is wise. First visit a health food store (not GNC) an actual organic health food store and purchase vitamins for your hair. Usually silica is really good for hair and nails. First consult with the nutritionist there. Yo might also want to look into a shampoo, conditioner and a face mask there too.



Here is food for thougt: Do you blow dry your hair frequently? Do you straighten your hair frequently. Excess heat damages your hair and could cause the 'frizzy's" you have, which is actually called breakage. Lay off the heat if this could be a factor and make sure to get good hair products, likethe ones previously mentioned above, including gel or hair spray if you use that.



Additionally, it is known that a woman's hair generally changes every seven years (i.e. 7 , 14, 21, 28, 35 years old). You clearly fall under this range. There is nothing you can do about it. It just happens to the best of us, even me.



Your situation sounds really similar to mine. When I between 21 and 22 my hair changed completely from dead straight hair to voluminous wavy hair with frizzy's. I definitely needed to lay off the heat from blow drying and ironing, purchased silica vitamin pills, and only use AVEDA products.



Oh! Yes . . .one more thing. . . If you pick up your hair a lot with scrungies and/or clips this too causes hair breakage.



Leave your hair loose more often. If all fails definitely visit a doctor or a determatologist.



Good Luck!!!



Can a hormone deficiency cause frizzy hair???

Frizzy hair is genetic.



Can a hormone deficiency cause frizzy hair???

No. But ask grandma that question, I'm sure she knows.



Can a hormone deficiency cause frizzy hair???

It doesn't sound Like a Hormone Problem, with Hormones your hair usually Falls out, or Grows like crazy, or just stops growing for no reason. it sounds more like a diet problem, you can go to Nouitress.com and get the Hair Vitamins with a DHT blocker for starters. you might want to see your Doctor so they He/She can run the Proper Blood test.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
auto protect